- Government of Nunavut Web sites do not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an e-mail or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information created, held or collected by this department is protected under the Nunavut Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act. This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for consent to collect your information, and you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- The Government of Nunavut employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our Web site, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- The Government of Nunavut does not normally use "cookies" to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. If cookies are in use and you have your cookies notification option activated on your browser the system will notify you before any cookies are used so that you may refuse them. (A "cookie" is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a Web site to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- Government of Nunavut employees who need to know the information in order to respond to your request or to ensure the security of this system may use information on individual visitors when provided. We only share the information you give us with another government department if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the federal government.
- Questions or comments regarding this policy notice, or the administration of the Nunavut Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act in the Government of Nunavut may be directed to the following by e-mail:
Manager, Access to Information and Privacy
Government of Nunavut
Executive and Intergovernmental Affairs
P.O. Box 1000, Station 200
Iqaluit, NU X0A 0H0
Phone: 867 975-6000
Fax: 867 975-6091
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner:
Information and Privacy Commissioner of Nunavut
5018, 47th Street
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories X1A 2N2
Phone: (867) 669-0976
Fax: (867) 920-2511